687 Castleshaw Circuit

Heights Chapel, above Delph, starred in a film with the Bronte sisters. This isolated place, built in 1765 but now standing empty, was used to represent the church where their father was curate. So fame at last! Perhaps it will inspire the congregation to return as well.

Location map  Show pictures

Add to Basket  More walks

LOCATION: Six miles north-east of Oldham
START: Castleshaw Centre public car park, Waterworks Rd off A62, one mile north-east of Delph
Grid ref: SD997092 Postcode: OL3 5LZ
DISTANCE: 4 miles
GRADE: Moderate
TIME: 2.5 hours
MAP: Explorer OL - Dark Peak & South Pennines Landranger 109 & 110
REFRESHMENTS: Royal Oak open Sun lunchtimes
EN ROUTE: Pennine Bridleway

This walk was originally published by
The Manchester Evening News

Click picture to exit